Application Design Engineer
Northeast, IA 00000
Application Design Engineer: The Application Design Engineer develops innovative, high quality, and reliable products to satisfy our customer’ s motion application needs while integrating technical and economic factors, feasibility, time and cost limitations. Provide technical support and service to current and potential customers, assessing product and service requirements throughout the sales process including installation recommendations or technical assistance, as required, and travel to customer sites, exhibits, tradeshows, and other events.
Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline is required. Minimum five (5) years demonstrated success in design engineering, new product development, establishment of component specification testing. Exemplary customer service skills and prompt responses to inquiries are essential. Advanced mathematical, statistical analysis, and problem solving skills are required. Technology savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Solidworks, or similar 3D CAD, and a manufacturing ERP system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Establish, document, and evaluate finished component processing parameters for new and repeat customer orders and communicate results to the Slip Ring Engineering Supervisor
- Collaborate with the sales team and customer to gather product specifications, research application requirements and material availability to determine production probability modifying the design, as necessary, to assure customer satisfaction
- Regularly communicate with customers to clarify and ensure understanding of product specifications, application, and working environment; assist the Customer Service Manager and inside sales staff with estimating and quote preparation, as requested
- Knowledgeable on quality objectives and policies for the company and seeks guidance or clarification when necessary, always working to achieve best results towards these objectives and policies
- Collaborate with Quality and Supply Chain departments in evaluation of sub-component supplier quality, cost, production capability and delivery time
- Support continuous improvement efforts within the function; evaluate, modify, and design processes, documenting all phases (DFMEA, ECO’ s, etc.)
- Provide technical expertise and instruction with machining and assembly design inquires, seeking new methods and practices to streamline and improve production time and quality
- Participate in trade shows, exhibits, customers visits and other necessary events to promote UEA products and services and gather market feedback to design products that solve industry challenges
Location: Northeast Iowa Salary: Competitive
Jon joined City & National Employment in early 2018 and is eager to put his sales experience to work! Jon attended Grand View University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Finance. Following graduation Jon completed an internship with a Major Insurance Firm in Iowa which allowed him to gain quality sales experience. Jon enjoys interacting with people and listening to their desires in hopes he can assist them to meet those goals.