Central, IA 00000
Our client in central Iowa is looking for a Buyer who can select orders, negotiate with approved vendors, and place purchase orders.
- Evaluate bids
- Select & recommend suppliers
- Negotiate price based on quality & service
- Review important bids with supervisor before placing order
- Expedite orders with suppliers to meet production schedules
- Negotiate & settle with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections & losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations, and engineering changes.
- Bachelor’ s degree
- 1 year of related experience
- Purchasing for lean manufacturing, Kanban, and supplier development experience.
- Requires strong negotiation abilities and great analytical skills
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, and quality control
- Knowledge of computerized procurement systems as well as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access experience
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.