St. Louis, MO 63044
Our Client is currently seeking a Buyer for their purchasing operations in automotive service equipment facility located in St. Louis, Missouri and Mississippi.
You will be responsible for all aspects of production parts for four manufacturing plants as well as in charge of the entire commodity from vendor selection through following up on quality and delivery issues.
- Total responsibility for respective commodity area and supply base.
- Purchase required parts and materials for production at multiple locations.
- Lead and facilitate the strategic source selection and approval process.
- Keep current on industry-wide pricing trends, technological innovations, and overall market conditions.
- Identify, quote, and award bid packages
- Conducting on-site production facility audits and quarterly performance reviews
- Review and analyze quality metrics
- Promote lean initiatives
- Bachelor’ s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, or related field
- 2 to 5 years of supply chain or purchasing experience.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Advanced Excel skills a plus.
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.