Chief Engineer/Engineering Manager
Western, IA 00000
The ideal candidate will have skillsets and a proven track record in the areas of team leadership, project management, product design, manufacturing, quality, and customer relationships. He or she will be an excellent communicator as well as being adept at and focused on training, motivating, and cultivating the skillsets of the eight-member Engineering department. Directly relevant experience within the truck equipment industry or with industrial equipment design is preferred. Some travel will be required.
• Coordinate, prioritize, and lead all day-to-day projects and tasks of the Engineering Team
• Monitor, coach, and develop the skills of the eight individuals within the Engineering Department
• Taking into consideration the company’ s capabilities and strategic priorities, and in collaboration with other leadership at the company, explore new projects, ideas, products, and innovations that contribute to the long-term success.
• Contribute to the strategic direction of the company as a member of the leadership team
• 5+ years’ experience leading an Engineering team of five or more members
• Extensive experience interacting with a range of stakeholders, from employees, to suppliers, to customers
• Superior technical, communication, and leadership skills • Proficient computer and drafting skills, especially Engineering software (Solidworks preferred)
• Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or similar
• Professional Engineer certification preferred • Experience in the truck equipment or transportation industries preferred
Location: Western Iowa Salary: Competitive
Jon joined City & National Employment in early 2018 and is eager to put his sales experience to work! Jon attended Grand View University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Finance. Following graduation Jon completed an internship with a Major Insurance Firm in Iowa which allowed him to gain quality sales experience. Jon enjoys interacting with people and listening to their desires in hopes he can assist them to meet those goals.