3224 Northside Drive Raleigh, NC 27615
We are currently in a search for a Mechanical Design Engineer for a client of our located in a very nice Southeastern community. The company needs experience with material handling and overhead cranes. The need for experience in the industry is because they need an individual who can come into the company and accomplish multiple crane design tasks with minimal supervision. The growth and business is fast paced and they don’ t have time to train.
Responsibilities & Desired Qualifications
- BS MS in Mechanical Engineering (preferred), Electrical Engineering, or Civil Engineering
- Looking for 3 to 7 years overall working experience; need to have at least 3 years in overhead crane or material handling equipment.
- Ability perform solid modeling (SolidWorks, Solid Edge, etc.); other software like basic FEA
- Demonstrated experience in the design and analysis of structural runways; and design of overhead cranes and end runs.
- Desire some project and product management with the ability to design and deliver a product in accordance with a customer specification.
- Familiarity with relevant governing codes and standards - CMAA 70 & 74, AISE Tech. Report 6, AISC Steel Code, numerous ASME standards, ASCE 7, AWS D1.1 & D14.1, etc.
Location: Southeast – metro area Salary: Competitive
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.