Embedded Software Engineer
2202 South Riverside Dr Ames, IA 50010
8564: Embedded Software (Linux) Engineer
Our client in Central Iowa is a world leader in the design production of hardware and software for the rapidly expanding field of GPS based on precision farming. We are presently looking for a key contributor to join the development team. This position offers the opportunity to be involved in new product design process from initial definition through product release.
You will be a key team player on our embedded development team and work in developing board support packages for our embedded Linux systems, as well as other microprocessor based systems with and without an RTOS.
- BS in Computer, Electrical, or Software Engineering
- Demonstrate advanced embedded design skills including development firmware and drivers for RTOS based microprocessor systems
- Proficient in C, C++ and real time operating systems
- Strong understanding of embedded hardware and interfaces
- Ability to isolate and debug embedded hardware software issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Development of firmware drivers for Embedded Linux based systems
- Yocto platform development experience
- Experience with Git and Perforce of similar revision control systems
- ARM and other processor and microcontroller experience
- Agriculture background is a plus but not required
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.