Engineering Manager - Flatbed
Missouri OR, South Dakota 51106
Flatbed Engineering Manager
- Responsible for the operation of the Flatbed Product Line Engineering Department, including processes, work produced and personnel.
- Develops and maintains, sound, cost effective and industry leading designs.
- Responsible for design warranty costs.
- Responsible for matters relating to product liability, safety, and patent protection.
- Responsible for Product line division budgets.
- Responsible for security of all company drawings in related department.
- Responsible for keeping company management informed on new developments in the trailer industry.
- Bachelor of Science with Mechanical, Civil, Agricultural, or Structural Engineering desired
- PE – certification strongly preferred
- 10 years design experience
- Truck trailer design experience a plus
- Prior management experience required
- Proficient with 3D modeling and FEA experience
- Familiarity with continuous improvement & “ Lean” manufacturing
- Experience with welded structures, fastened structures, & fabrication practices
- Hydraulic and pneumatics experience preferred
- US Passport or ability to get one (Travel to Canada, Mexico, & possibly others)
Jon joined City & National Employment in early 2018 and is eager to put his sales experience to work! Jon attended Grand View University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Finance. Following graduation Jon completed an internship with a Major Insurance Firm in Iowa which allowed him to gain quality sales experience. Jon enjoys interacting with people and listening to their desires in hopes he can assist them to meet those goals.