603 Highway 10 West Laurens, IA 50554-1064
Our Client is currently looking for a Engineering Manager who planning, directing and coordinating the Product Engineering activities. Responsible for the development and oversight of Product design, methods of manufacture, and coordinates engineering activity between Product Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Materials. Directs and coordinates engineering projects, introduction of new technology, new products and continuous improvement efforts in support of manufacturing excellence and plant goals and objectives
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision/management all product engineering organization or department personnel as assigned
- Analyzes product specifications and performance requirements to determine designs, which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Determines feasibility of designing new product or modifying existing product designs to meet customer requirements for quotation as well as manufacture.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations, which affect long-range plant and product engineering planning
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Responsible for prioritizing all engineering projects and prepares status reports as necessary.
- Provides department training for development of employees in all aspects of their job duties.
- Work with production and quality on non-conformance issues.
- Responsible for R&D regarding all Fisher Hydraulics products. Includes analyzing test information, field information, and customer feedback and product performance.
- Provide Sales support for key major accounts.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Bachelor' s degree in mechanical engineering, or related field, and 8 to 12 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in industrial manufacturing and process controls, capital project management. Responsible for supporting Engineering Change Order activities, design, document and process improvements to improve quality and reduce costs.
- In addition, devises and implements, and speed products to market.
- Must know AutoCAD, and SolidWorks, Microsoft Applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to communicate motivate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
Jon joined City & National Employment in early 2018 and is eager to put his sales experience to work! Jon attended Grand View University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Finance. Following graduation Jon completed an internship with a Major Insurance Firm in Iowa which allowed him to gain quality sales experience. Jon enjoys interacting with people and listening to their desires in hopes he can assist them to meet those goals.