91 16th St. S. Northwood, IA 50459
Our Client is looking for an Engineering Supervisor that has the desire and skills to oversee the entire engineering department at one location. This position coordinates and participates in the engineering processes required to make improvements to existing production methods, manufacturing processes, and tooling to reduce scrap, enhance overall part quality, increase throughput, and provide cost reductions. Other duties include:
- Directs and participates in the review of selected production job orders for verification of performance to estimated standards and aids in the implementation of improvements.
- Evaluates processes and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Oversees the design, development, and implementation of tooling and equipment manufactured in-house.
- Works with all groups to resolve issues with planned production processes.
- Aids in the creation, documentation, and enforcement of policies and procedures relating to the operations at their facility - especially the Engineering group.
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, and other documentation to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Oversees, directs, and coordinates the manufacture of samples and prototype parts.
- Provides technical information and training concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations.
- Directly supervises the Engineering group at their facility.
- Including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor' s degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training.
- Manufacturing and processes experience desired.
- Thermo form background a plus.
- Project Management experience a plus.
- Must have good working knowledge of computers and experience with MS Office products, ERP software, and Creo, AutoCAD and/or similar CAD design software.
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.