Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Ottawa, KS 00000
Our client in Kansas is looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist. In this role you will have high floor presence in providing technical and professional support services to the operations facility, with guidance from the QEHS Manager. As an EHS Specialist you will design and deliver training, perform job hazard analysis’, and perform workplace safety inspections.
- Implementing written EHS programs and company safety policies aligned with Federal & State requirements (e.g. OSHA, EPA or the respective State agencies). Administering the local hearing conservation program per OSHA regulatory requirements. Maintaining and administering the facilities written contractor safety manual. Obtaining and maintaining an up to date knowledge of EHS standards and Workers’ Comp requirements.
- Providing internal support for workers’ compensation cases. Acting as facility safety contact for work comp claims questions, interfacing with insurance adjusters, medical professionals and injured workers.
- Serving as chair for safety committee meetings and partner up with HR on driving wellness initiatives. Facilitating new hire safety on-boarding for new employees.
- Must obtain First Aid, CPR, and AED Certification and be willing and capable to provide first aid care to others. Must maintain OSHA 30HR training certification.
- Degree in occupational safety, health, or closely related field. Experience in Occupational Safety, Health, or EHS department in the manufacturing industry is preferred.
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) credentials preferred.
- Knowledge of EPA standards is preferred.
- Possess knowledge and skills necessary to interpret regulations, permits, and other technical data.
- Obtain and maintain annual Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) 24-Hour Certification and annual Associate Environmental Professional (AEP) Certification.
- Able to attend off-site training courses as necessary.
Jon joined City & National Employment in early 2018 and is eager to put his sales experience to work! Jon attended Grand View University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Finance. Following graduation Jon completed an internship with a Major Insurance Firm in Iowa which allowed him to gain quality sales experience. Jon enjoys interacting with people and listening to their desires in hopes he can assist them to meet those goals.