Hydraulic Engineering Supervisor
Northeast, IA 00000
Develop highly creative, innovative and groundbreaking hydraulic product designs to satisfy our customer’ s motion application needs. Conceptualize, define, and design multiple projects, focusing on the early phase developmental projects utilizing conceptualization and alternative evaluation processes. Focus on engineering projects, facilitating the design through product integration, performing worst-case analysis, support building prototypes, initial testing and eventual hand off to manufacturing operations. Communicate directly with customers to define their need, develop designs that meet specifications, assist in providing quotations, and provide drawings, designs and presentations to aid in defining and understanding their needs. Perform analysis of design requirements, specifications and marketing inputs to determine design feasibility.
Bachelor’ s Degree Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline required. Minimum 7-10 years of demonstrated success in design engineering preferred, including development of new products. Previous experience in design and manufacture of motion applications is strongly desired. Previous experience in leading not only projects, but leading other employees as well, is strongly desired. Professionalism, time management, organization, and prioritization skills are critical competencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Consistently and successfully manage 3 – 7 projects in varying stages of development.
- Use designated computer assisted design software to develop designs.
- Maintain compliance with engineering principles, company standards and external requirements or specifications when designing products.
- Manage technical development activities including scheduling and resolution of engineering design and test problems.
- Prepare interim and completion project reports, drawings or models.
- Complete documentation of the design and development process of products for ISO Quality compliance.
- Review drawings, designs, reports and technical data for accuracy and completeness and take corrective action if necessary.
- Leads, directs, coordinates, and prioritizes duties to his subordinates on a daily basis, ensuring they are working on the priorities that align with our company’ s and our customer’ s needs.
- Demonstrate collaborative working relationships, good judgment, reasoning and professional conduct in all business interactions, representing favorably with employees, customers, and vendors
Location: Northeast Iowa Salary: Competitive
Jon joined City & National Employment in early 2018 and is eager to put his sales experience to work! Jon attended Grand View University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Finance. Following graduation Jon completed an internship with a Major Insurance Firm in Iowa which allowed him to gain quality sales experience. Jon enjoys interacting with people and listening to their desires in hopes he can assist them to meet those goals.