Machine Vision R&D Engineer
St. Louis, MO 63044
Our client who is a leader in automotive service equipment industry is looking to hire a Machine Vision R&D Engineer. This position will be responsible for designing and developing machine vision based products with emphasis on software development with opportunities for hardware development as well.
- Perform new product research and conceptual design.
- Develop, implement, and test vision based software algorithms.
- Support development of application level software.
- Develop, implement, and test vision based electronics.
- Support further development of existing products as needed.
- Support development of factory test fixtures as required.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience developing software and/or electronics for machine vision systems is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in image processing, image analysis, 3D perspective geometry, pattern recognition algorithms, and metrology algorithms.
- Experience in embedded code development in C/C++.
- Experience developing systems in C, C++, using a Windows-based development environment is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio is preferred.
- Experience developing application level software including screen design and user interface design.
- Experience with working in a multiple developer team environment with configuration management and defect tracking tools is preferred.
- Experience in board level electronic design including, imager, microcontroller, PLD, memory architecture, low voltage power supply, and basic analog design is beneficial.
- Experience in specifying or designing machine vision system hardware (cameras, optics, lighting) is beneficial.
Meet Your Recruiter
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.