Manager of Engineering Documentation
David City, NE 68632
Our client in Eastern Nebraska is looking for Manager of Engineering Documentation to manage and control all creation, distribution and retention of all Engineering controlled documentation.
- Manage system to control: bill of material structure, product structure, ECR/ECN process, material disposition, product configurator, option indexes etc.
- Manage and lead Engineering Documentation staff.
- Insure completeness and accuracy of the bills of materials and product data.
- Lead the communications on product changes.
- Coordinate with Central Warehouse manager to determine and communicate material disposition information related to product design change decisions.
- Ability to develop strategies and systems to improve accuracy, clarity and efficiency of Engineering Controlled documentation process.
- Ability to research, define and recommend product structure and configuration strategies with the ultimate goal of allowing salesmen to configure trailers at point of sale.
- Ability to assist in evaluating ERP/MRP System software and provide input on strategic software decisions.
- Develop and ensure proper naming/numbering conventions are used consistently throughout all Engineering documents.
- Bachelor’ s degree in an engineering discipline
- 10 years of experience.
- Ability to manage documentation staff with prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Solid Works/CAD.
- ERP/MRP software and MS Office programs experience.
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.