Central, IA 00000
Our client located in the Central Iowa and is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer. The position provides communication between the engineering department and other departments to assure that the manufacture or purchases of products meet functional requirements. Maintains manufacturing processes. Responsible for the design of special production machinery necessary to maintain manufacturing operations at competitive levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigates manufacturing operations to determine areas for process improvements. Process improvement.
- Determines methods for manufacture during design of new products. Recommends design modifications to permit manufacture by the most favorable method.
- Process improvements projects.
- Develops and implements plant and equipment layouts to accommodate changing needs of operations and manufacture in the most cost-effective manner.
- Investigates manufacturing operations to determine areas for process improvements.
- Works for standardization of procedures.
- Confers with document originators or engineering personnel to resolve discrepancies and compiles required changes to documents.
- Responsible for the engineering and related functions of his/her assigned manufacturing operations including:
- The set-up and maintenance of labor standards;
- Methods, processes and procedures analysis and work simplification techniques;
- Analyzing and processing engineering change requests;
- Troubleshooting technically challenging problems (machinery, equipment, processes); and
- Analyzing for improvement to labor, manufacturing costs, variances and margins.
- Handles special assignments such as directing production planning, providing technical support, processing and quoting new products and/or prototypes.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Resolves ergonomic issues in production and takes all appropriate countermeasures to protect personnel & property.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of related experience in in hydraulic cylinder manufacturing, plating, casting, or related/equivalent manufacturing arena (grinding, turning, cutting, milling, NC/CNC machinery and programming languages), and CAD/CAM
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.