Milford, IA 51351
Working in Manufacturing specifically with the Weld and Paint Departments, this role will be the change driver! You will be leading process improvement initiatives that will yield major efficiencies and cost savings for the company.
- Identifies opportunities and implements changes to improve products and reduce costs.
- Determine root causes of failures, recommend/implement changes in designs, tolerance, or processing methods.
- Provides technical expertise related to manufacturing in the Paint and Welding departments.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials or processes.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities to facilitate production processes.
- Develop and revise documentation for new and existing products.
- Deliver documentation for production associates to efficiently produce product.
- Manage capital expenditure projects from identification through implementation.
- Identify, implement and deliver cost savings and quality improvements.
- Delivery of quality product meeting documented requirements / customer’ s expectations.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
- 5-10 years Manufacturing Engineering experience working with paint and/or welding.
- Strong experience with AutoCAD, Solid Works, and robotic programming required.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Experience in gathering and implementing labor standards.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Experience with JDE/Oracle in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma experience a plus.
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.