PO Box 350 Northeast, IA 00000
Our client located in Northeast Iowa is looking to add a Manufacturing Engineer to their team. This position will be accountable for new process development for the production of existing products and the design and fabrication of test fixtures. You also will be in charge of the design, redesign, layout, and engineering of tooling, equipment, and machinery, monitoring the completion schedules of projects and for accurate cost estimates of product quotation requests. Other duties include:
- Obtaining quote requests for capital expenditures.
- Determines how to accommodate the new equipment yet maintaining a smooth flow of materials.
- Determine how machines could be moved at the lowest cost and least interruption of production
- Determines what auxiliary equipment should be purchased-lighting, ventilation, storage, etc.
- Maintain a close relationship with various vendors and suppliers who sell or install manufacturing equipment
- Develops complete drawings, specifications, and layouts.
- Writing and updating processes to ensure proper methods of manufacturing.
- Conducts time studies and evaluates existing processes to ensure that standards are maintained.
- Assists product design with new/existing manufacturing processes and methods.
- Provides the estimator with information for costing of new and existing products.
- Justifying new tooling and new technology in the manufacturing areas.
- Keeping up to date on new manufacturing processes and methods and work to improve efficiency in the manufacturing areas.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma methodologies to improve efficiency and profitability throughout the plant.
- Programming numerous different programmable controllers/machines used in the manufacturing processes.
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.