822 Indle Pk Dr Trenton, MO 64683
Our client in northern Missouri is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to develop cost effective manufacturing methods by analyzing existing processes and installations and by evaluating the most efficient solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Troubleshoot all aspects of PLC controlled equipment.
- Actively participate in the facility APDP new product launch program.
- Work with all areas of engineering and production as well as keep Manufacturing Engineering Manager aware of the status of established projects.
- Work with outside vendors or contractors when needed on most projects as well as representatives of corporate manufacturing and application/product engineering.
- Investigates alternative solutions for given projects, and develops cost information for each. Makes recommendations to Manager and responsible for the execution of project.
- Ability to problem-solve with structured use of core toolsKeen problem-solving skill required with structured us of core tools tied to the 8D process.
- Design equipment when necessary, specifies equipment to satisfy manufacturing requirements. Will trouble-shoot machine control programs, and develop or modify PLC programs where needed.
- As required, will write requisitions for materials explaining the specific needs to outside vendors, the tool room, or other sources to assure the build or repair of required tools.
- Involved in assisting production on all shifts with complex problems through minor changes in a manufacturing process, to a major modification of an existing piece of equipment (mechanical or electrical). This includes the possible recommendation and installation of equipment and process qualification where applicable.
- Assigned to major projects such as the set-up of new pieces of equipment authorized for purchase or transferred from another plant in conjunction with the requirements for the project.
- Capable of leading cross-functional teams in problem solving events.
- Will contribute to each phase of the installation, set-up, debugging, implementation, safety and ergonomic review, documentation, and training on the equipment before being released to production.
- Required to utilize the core manufacturing tools of Detailed Process Flow Charts, PFMEA, Control Plans, and associated charing.
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley controllers, other PLC’ s and strong trouble shooting and programming skills is required for this position.
- Strong analytical skills including knowledge of CAD applications (preferably Solid Edge) and knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Maintain a practical knowledge of operating systems and mechanical equipment throughout the plant.
- Constantly seek to improve process controls by developing awareness of new electrical control systems and mechanical technology.
- Generate cost savings related to the manufacturing processes.
- Minimum of two years of manufacturing engineering experience preferred.
- CMM Programming Experience Required.
- 4 year Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering required.
- Electrical engineering knowledge a plus.
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.