Mechanical Detail Drafter
Southeast, NE 00000
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Detail Drafter to join their dynamic engineering team. They are one of the leading manufacturers of commercial turf care equipment in the U.S. Working from electronic models, layouts, marked up prints, sketches, and verbal / written instructions, prepare Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) drawings of parts, vendor components, weldments, assemblies, final assemblies, and manual figures. Apply approved standard drafting practices to generate views needed, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) requirements, scale requirements, tolerances, position of components, and dimensioning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare engineering documentation from design layouts and models including Bills of Material (BOM) and drawings of parts, assemblies, and final assemblies that illustrate the assigned components and products.
• Make math computations when needed to accurately define dimensional control on detail and assembly drawings. Prepare BOM’ s, then enter information in the enterprise software. Perform Product Information Management (PIM) tasks.
• Revise CAD models and drawings as described by the Engineering Change Master (ECM). Revise the BOM as described by the ECM. Assist design teams in writing ECM’ s as requested.
• Perform more complex CAD tasks; wiring diagrams, wiring routings, hose routings, schematics, and mechanisms. Create more complex parts and design layouts on project assignments.
• Perform assignments with minimal guidance. Lean methodologies to ensure processes are scientifically controlled and continuously improved.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school that includes CAD training; or eighteen months experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be a proficient CAD technician and have technical ability in math. Previous experience with Pro Engineer desired, but not required. Mechanical aptitude is preferred. Knowledge and application of GD&T is preferred.
Location: Southeast Nebraska Salary: Competitive
Meet Your Recruiter
Jon joined City & National Employment in early 2018 and is eager to put his sales experience to work! Jon attended Grand View University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Finance. Following graduation Jon completed an internship with a Major Insurance Firm in Iowa which allowed him to gain quality sales experience. Jon enjoys interacting with people and listening to their desires in hopes he can assist them to meet those goals.