1645 N. Railroad Ave. Decatur, IL 62524
We are looking to fill a Mechanical Engineer position in Decatur, IL. The ideal person for this position will need to have solid engineering math skills, very solid customer service skills and problem solving skills while working alongside customers. There will be a lot of customer interacting and estimating along with this position as well as the design aspect.
- Perform detailed designs and calculations of products ordered
- Communicate directly with customers to clarify requirements, resolve design issues and obtain approval of drawings
- Ensure design conformity to ASME Code and customer specifications
- Convey designs, with enough information and detail, to generate drawings and bills of materials.
- Review drawings and bills of materials for accuracy and completeness
- Review customer specifications, clarify requirements and perform thermal designs for shell and tube heat exchangers
- Design and provide relevant information on major component sizes and configurations
- Develop bid material list from customer drawings and data sheets
- Obtain competitive vendor pricing of materials and sub-contracted services
- Work with operations to create designs that can be readily fabricated
- Provide solutions and resolve issues across purchasing, fabrication and or quality that relate to the product design
- Engineering degree desired.
- Familiarity with American Society of Mechanical Engineers pressure vessel standards - ASME Code
- Strong mathematics skills
- Strong computer skills in engineering applications - AutoCAD
- Competent in ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.