Fairfield, IA 52556
The Mechanical Engineer will develop new home appliance products and improve existing appliance products, managing the design process from concepts through full production. This position will demand a high level understanding of lean manufacturing principles. A good understanding of metal forming, machining, paint systems, welding and assembly methods are essential.
- Assists in meeting quality, cost, safety, delivery and 5S+ metrics.
- Development of testing standards and testing equipment as required.
- Interacts with supply chain suppliers regarding design issues, changes and quality improvements.
- Interacts with external customers regarding field complaints.
- Design and implement Area Improvement Teams.
- Fixture and Tooling design and specification.
- Directly responsible for supporting all mechanical design requirements for existing and new product components and assemblies.
- Responsible for maintaining all component and assembly structures, BOM development and accuracy, generating part and assembly designs, print revisions, and print releases.
- Assists in the compliance of all domestic and foreign government approval agency rules and regulations.
- Bachelor' s in Engineering desired.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience desired.
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.