Mechanical Engineering Manager
1360 N. Grandview Pk Sturtevant, WI 53177
Mechanical Engineering Manager/Director: The Mechanical Engineering Manager is accountable for the overall success of mechanical design, management of projects, and daily operations of mechanical design and staff. Responsible for prioritizing workloads, balancing multiple projects simultaneously, and working cross-functionally. This position will be a “ hands-on” mechanical design contributor to projects. Combines project management, customer interaction and mechanical design abilities to deliver high quality packaging machines and tooling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigns projects and teams to effectively manage workload and ensure timely completion of design release.
- Develops the Mechanical Engineering department through leadership, mentoring, and training.
- Develops and maintains current design skills utilizing company standards, software and best practices to complete design assignment as workload dictates. Manages project(s) to completion as needed.
- Coordinates timely introduction of tooling discussions to identify, select and procure appropriate tooling ensuring successful testing, run-off and installation.
- Conducts project audits to ensure production goals, profit targets and deadlines are on target and met.
- Manages project schedules, solutions, and corrections to bring project in line with goals.
- Advises and assists department staff with design, scheduling, tooling application and selection, customer interaction, debugging and testing and overall project management.
- Effectively troubleshoots mechanical and tooling issues that arise, providing hands-on expertise and application of knowledge to generate needed solutions.
- Assists with driving sales direction through development of new products and innovative product usage.
- Interface from engineering to sales by defining specifications to ensure feasibility and manufacturability.
- Bachelor’ s degree in mechanical engineering plus 10 years’ experience in mechanical design with preference given to machine design related experience.
- Thorough understanding and proven ability to effectively utilize AutoCAD Inventor and Autodesk Vault or equivalent design software, plus Microsoft Office.
- Proven understanding of manufacturing processes and general understanding of machine shop practices.
- Proven experience in power transmission design, automation, machine tool fixture design, bearing selection, and tooling design.
- Proven ability to combine judgment, knowledge and experience to develop and communicate clear, concise ideas, solutions and instructions.
- Organized, displays detailed thought process. Very high attention to detail.
- Ability to share ideas and work with other professionals.
Jon joined City & National Employment in early 2018 and is eager to put his sales experience to work! Jon attended Grand View University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Finance. Following graduation Jon completed an internship with a Major Insurance Firm in Iowa which allowed him to gain quality sales experience. Jon enjoys interacting with people and listening to their desires in hopes he can assist them to meet those goals.