2600 U.S. 18 Algona, IA 50511
Direct and manage all plant manufacturing and maintenance activities through supervisory personnel on all shifts. Foster and promote a team environment within departments and shifts to aid in accomplishing plant goals. Responsible for results and achieving a competitive advantage in terms of safety, costs, methods, quality, delivery, operations, and personnel. Plan for and direct the effective use of personnel and equipment, coordinating with Production Planning, Purchasing, and other related support functions. Recommend changes to the overall operation of the plant using RCI initiatives to keep safety, quality, and cost improvements moving forward.
- Manage daily production activities to ensure successful adherence to the production schedule.
- Establish operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, and customer-service strategies; acquiring resources; resolving problems; and implementing change.
- Meet customer expectations by formulating, installing, and enforcing good manufacturing practices; improving production procedures, methods, and techniques, and lead inspection and quality assurance standards, procedures, and methods.
- Coordinate plant maintenance activities with the maintenance department manager.
- Lead, train, and direct supervisors to accomplish plant goals.
- Resource management: balance the workload between value streams. Maintain department and shift sizes at optimal levels for safe and efficient production activity. Ensure that machines and equipment are properly operated and maintained.
- Interface with union representatives on matters relating to the labor contract. Hear complaints and grievances brought forth by the hourly work force.
- Review manufacturing results in key areas on an ongoing basis and take action to improve unsatisfactory performance.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in a technical or management disciple and 10+ years of experience.
- Results-driven, highly motivated individual with strong hands-on technical aptitude
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and change management resulting in improved performance, efficiency, cost management, profits, quality, safety, and employee morale
- Good project management skills
- Strong commitment and track record for safety and environmental regulations and requirements.
Jon joined City & National Employment in early 2018 and is eager to put his sales experience to work! Jon attended Grand View University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Finance. Following graduation Jon completed an internship with a Major Insurance Firm in Iowa which allowed him to gain quality sales experience. Jon enjoys interacting with people and listening to their desires in hopes he can assist them to meet those goals.