5536 Nordic Drive Cedar Falls, IA 50613-6950
Our client located in Cedar Falls is looking to add a Plumbing Assistant to their team. Working along with the Project Manager, this position will focus on:
- Assist in installing and maintaining plumbing systems.
- Read blueprints and drawings to determine exact specifications and where plumbing system will be installed.
- Determine water supply networks and waste drainage systems.
- Install systems used to transport water, waste, gases, or liquids.
- Ensure legislation and policies are met and that systems are up to code.
- Ensure systems meet all standards of building codes and safety.
- Cut openings in structures in preparation for pipes.
- Select all materials needed for installation, including type and size of pipe.
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment.
- Assemble and install valves and fittings.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Install other plumbing equipment, such as sinks, tubs, toilets, water heaters, air conditioners, appliances, and trim.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle
- Observe pressure gauges to fix leaks.
- Test pipe systems and fix leaks.
- Repair and maintain water treatment equipment.
- Perform scheduled maintenance.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and grade
Alex brought along a wealth of experience and knowledge when she joined the CNE Team in January of 2019. Prior to working at City & National Employment, Alex held a Human Resources Internship in which she assisted in hiring over 200 people during her time within the company. She is worked alongside other Human Resources professionals in performing recruiting tasks to fill positions, organized hiring events and career fair booths as well as conducting employee orientation and exit interview tasks. Alex now uses all of this prior experience in her current role as CNE’s Staffing Associate working to fill jobs throughout the Cedar Valley and assist candidates in finding their next career.