5536 Nordic Drive Cedar Falls, IA 50613-6950
Our client located in Cedar Falls is looking to add a Plumbing Assistant to their team. Working along with the Project Manager, this position will focus on:
- Assist in installing and maintaining plumbing systems.
- Read blueprints and drawings to determine exact specifications and where plumbing system will be installed.
- Determine water supply networks and waste drainage systems.
- Install systems used to transport water, waste, gases, or liquids.
- Ensure legislation and policies are met and that systems are up to code.
- Ensure systems meet all standards of building codes and safety.
- Cut openings in structures in preparation for pipes.
- Select all materials needed for installation, including type and size of pipe.
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment.
- Assemble and install valves and fittings.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Install other plumbing equipment, such as sinks, tubs, toilets, water heaters, air conditioners, appliances, and trim.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle
- Observe pressure gauges to fix leaks.
- Test pipe systems and fix leaks.
- Repair and maintain water treatment equipment.
- Perform scheduled maintenance.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and grade
Our Staffing Associate Valerie supports the staffing division in candidate and client communication and on-going relationship building. Valerie is the person who matches up our candidates to the jobs that best fit what they are looking for. Valerie’s background includes a degree from Wartburg College in Public Relations and Spanish. This paired with her Marketing and Communications experience from prior positions has ensured Valerie as a key component to the success of her at City & National Employment.