Principal Systems Engineer - Electrics, Mechatronics & Support Systems
Olathe, Kansas 66067-1543
If your interest in Engineering extends beyond just the electrical component to an entire system level design and lead; this may be the position for you. Our client a key global player in container and material handling equipment and is seeking an individual to design and develop systems for a line of Industrial Tractor and Truck Cabs from component level focusing on entire design for “ on and off highway” mobile equipment.
You will have the opportunity to predetermine items and procedures needed to build product to customer specifications, construct drawings, layouts, assemblies and bills of material, as well as monitor existing product documentation. The role will encompass all aspects of vehicle design involving electrical /electronic, some mechatronics design and application. Principal activities will have you focused on capability of mechanical and the integrating wiring and electrical systems, components, seating, safety of the entire vehicle and related cabin.
- Define and develop specifications for components and systems in co-operation with Chief Engineers and responsible R&D Manager.
- Establish and set up development plan for components and Systems and the process to incorporate into the master plan.
- Secure that components and systems meet specified technical customer demands, product safety, legislations (DOT) requirements and internal demands for Counter Balance products (CB); coordinating components and systems design between CB products.
- Coordinate within group way of working regarding components and used systems.
- Contact responsibility for service, production and supplier issues; check and approve purchase drawings regarding standards.
- In consultation with responsible R&D Manager plan and perform activities according to specified requirements and time schedule. Ensure co-operation between R&D and Supply including both sourcing and MAU. Interface and work with customer demands in choosing design solutions, material and components.
- Report to R&D Manager regarding outcome and possible deviations to components, unscheduled system changes or applications; and be sure testing is in place.
- Initiate and order testing for verification and evaluation of a design and consult with R&D Manager purchase component for test and evaluations.
- In consultation with responsible R&D Manager perform customer and supplier visits.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Electrical or Mechatronics engineering or other accredited 4-year Technical Degree and sound technical knowledge regarding electro mechanical product types or similar rubber tire vehicles and cabins.
- Demonstrated experience of product development activities; and job activities. Minimum of 5 years general experience involving decision making and planning.
- Other competencies: Business- and market mindset; positive attitude: focus on customer needs; professional level communication skills; driving force and problem solving along with demonstrated success.
- Demonstrate through knowledge in engineering tools for design; analytical and structural ability. Both Design for Manufacturing and understanding quality.
- Strong skills in ECAD system and good skills in 3D MCAD systems, Catia V5 experience preferred; Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Must have US Citizenship, or Permanent Resident Status – Travel to Sweden may be required
Jon joined City & National Employment in early 2018 and is eager to put his sales experience to work! Jon attended Grand View University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Finance. Following graduation Jon completed an internship with a Major Insurance Firm in Iowa which allowed him to gain quality sales experience. Jon enjoys interacting with people and listening to their desires in hopes he can assist them to meet those goals.