Principal Systems Engineer - Mechanics and Analysis
Olathe, Kansas 66067-1543
If your interest in Engineering extends beyond just the basic mechanical component to an entire system level design and lead; this may be the position for you. Our client a key global player in container and material handling equipment and is seeking an individual to design and develop systems for a line of Industrial Tractor and Truck and trailer units focusing on development and coordination involving design of “ Mechanics and Analysis” regarding products within entire business line of “ on and off highway” mobile equipment.
You will have the opportunity to predetermine items and procedures needed to build product to customer specifications, construct drawings, layouts, assemblies and bills of material, as well as monitor existing product documentation. The role will encompass all aspects of the mechanics design and application focusing on the coordination throughout the entire product line. This is mainly targeted for mechanics, mechanical, and structural but since it involves a complex vehicle you will be exposed to other coordination of integrating wiring and electrical systems, components, seating, cabin, and vehicle load balance that will interfere with mechanics.
- Define and develop specifications for components and systems in co-operation with Chief Engineers and responsible R&D Manager. A great deal of focus will be on functional and analysis involving general design and safety; but you will also be directing per customer needs and desires.
- Establish and set up development plan for components and Systems and the process to incorporate into the master plan.
- Secure that components and systems meet specified technical customer demands, product safety, legislations (DOT) requirements and internal demands for Counter Balance products (CB); coordinating components and systems design between CB products.
- Coordinate within group way of working regarding components and used systems.
- Contact responsibility for service, production and supplier issues; check and approve purchase drawings regarding standards.
- In consultation with responsible R&D Manager plan and perform activities according to specified requirements and time schedule. Ensure co-operation between R&D and Supply including both sourcing and MAU. Interface and work with customer demands in choosing design solutions, material and components.
- Report to R&D Manager regarding outcome and possible deviations to components, unscheduled system changes or applications; and be sure testing is in place. Initiate and order testing for verification and evaluation of a design and consult with R&D Manager purchase component for test and evaluations.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in mechanical engineering or other accredited 4-year Technical Degree and sound technical knowledge regarding ME product types or similar rubber tire vehicles.
- Demonstrated experience of product development activities; and job activities. Minimum of 5 years general experience involving decision making and planning.
- Other competencies: Business- and market mindset; positive attitude: focus on customer needs; professional level communication skills; driving force and problem solving along with demonstrated success.
- Demonstrate through knowledge in engineering tools for design; analytical and structural ability. Both Design for Manufacturing and understanding quality.
- Strong skills in ECAD system and good skills in 3D MCAD systems, CATIA V5 experience preferred; Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Must have US Citizenship, or Permanent Resident Status – Travel to Sweden may be required
Jon joined City & National Employment in early 2018 and is eager to put his sales experience to work! Jon attended Grand View University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Finance. Following graduation Jon completed an internship with a Major Insurance Firm in Iowa which allowed him to gain quality sales experience. Jon enjoys interacting with people and listening to their desires in hopes he can assist them to meet those goals.