Product Line Design Engineer
Sioux City, Iowa 51106
Key opportunity with one my long time clients seeking an engineer looking to progress, into key leadership position in the next few years as retirements are looming within this fine organization. If you are a decision maker; bring foresight and the interest in working with large equipment and over the road vehicles; this may be the opportunity for you.
You will find yourself responsible for the operation of an entire product line and engineering department including processes, work produced and personnel. You will set the pace and develop sound, cost effective and industry leading designs. Establish warranty process and programs; matters relating to product liability, safety, and patent protection; division budgets and other management matters related to all contract services (testing, hiring, etc.).
- Bachelor of Science with Mechanical, Civil, Agricultural, or Structural Engineering designation. Highly desired is an individual with ME or PE but really is experience in truck trailers
- Seeking about 10 years of experience in design and development from the heavy mobile equipment industry involving on or off road equipment with strong desire for chassis, frames, truck trailers, agricultural equipment trailers and or livestock.
- Technical skills must include proficiency with 3D modeling and FEA experience; understanding and experience with welded structures, fastened structures, & fabrication practices; along with knowledge in applications of hydraulic and pneumatics.
- Leadership in place to supervise other engineers and drafting staff. Seeking an outgoing and personable personality; experience with customer contact to be able to sell ideas and influence others; organized to communicate effectively.
- Capable of demonstrating problem resolution; decisions making; team involvement; functional involvement with continuous improvement & support “ Lean” manufacturing; and possess a solid and successful work track record.
- Professional presentation and demonstrate command of the English Language; capable of obtaining US Passport for some travel which may include travel outside US on occasion ( Canada, Mexico, & possibly others).
Location: Iowa Salary: Very competitive / excellent benefits
Jon joined City & National Employment in early 2018 and is eager to put his sales experience to work! Jon attended Grand View University where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and Finance. Following graduation Jon completed an internship with a Major Insurance Firm in Iowa which allowed him to gain quality sales experience. Jon enjoys interacting with people and listening to their desires in hopes he can assist them to meet those goals.