600 West E Street Lincoln, NE 68522
Our client located in Nebraska is looking for a Quality Engineer that has the technical background necessary to handle day-to-day quality issues and that can work to ensure products meet customer requirements. This role will develop relationships with the customers to understand their expectations and challenges, and function as the voice of the customer. Focus will be on monitoring performance against customer objectives, reporting those findings, and then addressing deficiencies. Other duties include:
- Work directly with all department counterparts to achieve acceptable customer quality levels.
- Develop working relationships with external customer counterparts - establish an open line of communication to resolve issues in an expedient manner.
Periodically visit customer locations to understand what they are experiencing with the goal of preventing problems. Overnight travel based on customer need – Less then 20%.
- Coordinate with all departments to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Lead corrective action events for quality problems as requested by customers.
- Advocate for the customer and serve as the organizational conscience in team based problem solving.
- Collaborate with personnel to address internal quality issues.
- Serve as a resource for new product launches.
- Participate in the development and submission of PPAP documents for new product launches to meet customer requirements.
- Provide engineering support in the areas of MSA, pFMEA, Control Plans, calibration, inspection, testing, etc.
- Provide engineering support to Operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques. This includes analyzing problem areas/processes and identifying and implementing improvements.
- Bachelors of science degree required.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in engineering and manufacturing
- 4 years’ experience with Quality Management practices (TS 16949, ISO).
- Minimum of 2 years’ customer quality assurance experience.
- Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous work experience in an organization that supplied large OEM’ s desired.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt is desired.
- Formal classroom training and/or experience using SPC, interpreting histograms
- Prefer experience working with and/or around metal fabrication processes, such as stamping, casting, machining, welding, cutting, forming.
- Technical knowledge of plating, polishing and assembly processes
- Knowledge of GD&T, should be able to participate in design reviews.
- Project management experience desired.
- Lean knowledge and kaizen experience desired.
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.