Senior Mechanical Engineer
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Our Client is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who plans and designs, develops and completes projects. Responsibilities include organizing highly complex activities for the design, development, implementation of engineering projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops design for new or derived products as directed.
- Develop product concepts, specifications and development plans.
- Develop budgetary estimates for evaluating potential projects.
- Project planning and project management.
- Meet project schedules, cost targets and technical requirements.
- Documents product design and development records in accordance with company product development procedures and guidelines.
- Prepares and presents project and technical design reviews.
- Develops test plan for product development and design validation.
- Assists with development of equipment needed for producing new products.
- Coordinates implementation of new design through all manufacturing processes.
- Prepares catalogue specification and technical publications.
- Evaluate and select vendor supplied parts.
- Investigates, prepares and implements engineering change notices.
- Make patent disclosures and assist company in patent applications.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Willing and able to undertake domestic and international travel in support of business needs.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- 8 years of experience in product design, fluid flow, rotating equipment, or leading projects.
- Ability to read blue prints and understanding of GD&T.
- Experience with instrumentation or electronics a plus.
- Pump and Motor experience is helpful.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Solidworks 3D modeling and 2D print skills.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis, Thermal Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics a plus.
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.