Supplier Quality Engineer
PO Box 350 Northeast, Iowa 50659
Our Client located in Northeast Iowa is looking to add a Supplier Quality Engineer to their team. This position is responsible for working with suppliers to assess their production part readiness, improve Supplier’ s quality performance and ensure robust Supplier Corrective Action Responses. You will also be responsible for supplier PPAP Submissions, SCARs and Supplier Quality Audits to develop the supply base to meet or exceed the company’ s requirements. Other duties include:
- Request and review Supplier Corrective Action Request responses for completeness.
- Request and review Supplier PPAPs; reject or approve PPAP submissions and assist with supplier quality planning efforts.
- Request and approve supplier PPAP submissions and resubmissions.
- Interpret technical drawings to assist in developing Incoming Inspection Control Plans.
- Conduct Supplier Quality Audits of poor performing existing suppliers.
- Assist with generating accurate Supplier Rating Reports to monitor monthly Supplier performance.
- Collect and analyze supplier quality performance data; create management reports to identify trends and assist in developing tactical and strategic long-term plans for the supply base.
- Ensure effective communications with external supply chain and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood and an effective quality plan is in place.
- Assist with ensuring compliance to current ISO/IATF Quality Management System requirements, customer requirements, PPAP requirements, regulatory requirements and company requirements.
- Bachelor’ s degree in engineering, statistics or quality management desired.
- 3 plus years related work experience in a quality role in a manufacturing environment
- Certified Quality Engineer Certificate preferred.
- May require some traveling mostly in the Midwest, USA.
- Thorough knowledge of PPAP submission requirements, especially DFMEA, PFMEA, Process Flow Diagrams, Control Plans, Dimensional Layouts, Measurement Systems Analysis and Material Certifications. Knowledge of the Product/Process Change Notification (PPCN) requirements of PPAP is essential.
- Understanding of the ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 current standards.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and material properties.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and auditing skills.
- Understanding of Six Sigma Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Minitab.
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.