PO Box 350 Northeast, IA 00000
Test Engineer: Our client located in the Northeast Iowa and is looking for a Test Engineer to provide technical support to the design, marketing and QA departments for the development and testing of new designs, product applications, prototypes, component parts, and ongoing testing of existing products. Candidate should have the technical ability and organizational skills to coordinate systems improvement tasks, and FMVSS 206 and other periodically scheduled testing programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all written policies, procedures, and other documentation of the Test Engineering Department to ensure consistent and proper testing activities.
- Provide information to Test Engineering customers and suppliers so that a full understanding of testing activities can be maintained. This is to be achieved through verbal communication and written documentation. Written documents can include but are not limited to test engineering specifications, test engineering procedures, test reports, work requisitions, and memorandums.
- Communicate with all other Test Engineering personnel in a timely and professional manner to promote the coordination of different activities so that testing is accurate, representative, and responsive.
- Research, design, and implement innovative test equipment and methods so that current and future test capabilities and practices will satisfy immediate test requestor requirements and future needs of TE department. Expertise of various test systems should be maintained in order to consult with others of Test Engineering Department.
- Provide information and recommendations to facilitate test fixture designing and fabricating activities that conform to the requirements of test and parameters of test systems.
- Modify and program lab systems to meet all requirements of test request, procedures, and specifications, as needed for representative, repeatable, and reliable testing.
- Trouble-shoot test systems to determine critical factors and make adjustments to ensure optimum performance of lab systems.
- Participate as a team representative of Test Engineering for product and process development projects and production support issues. Complete assigned tasks; recommend testing methods, and present testing results so that team objectives can be completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Advise others in Test Engineering of continuous improvement activities related to testing practices and testing systems in order to promote increased effectiveness of department.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering or related field.
- 3 years of testing related experience
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.