Tool & Die Maker
PO Box 816 1801 E Bremer Ave Waverly, IA 50677
As a Tool and Die Maker you will:
- Manufacture and build parts that are used and assembled into dies, jigs, fixtures and special projects/machines.
- Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, and jigs and fixtures.
- Study specifications, such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualize product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances, using measuring instruments, such as dial indicators, gauge blocks, thickness gauges, and micrometers.
- Set up and operate machine tools, such as lathes, milling machine, boring mill, and grinder, to machine parts, and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Interface with all levels of management, hourly team members and, as assigned, customers.
- Expertise in blueprint reading.
- Proficiency in the use of precision measurement devices such as micrometers.
- Competency in shop mathematics, including trigonometric and algebraic functions.
- Basic knowledge of fluid power, electrical, and electronic systems.
- Advanced knowledge of machining/manufacturing processes, assembly procedures and mechanical functions.
- Must possess working knowledge of:
- CNC controls.
- Heat treatment.
- Fluid power (hydraulic and pneumatic) and electrical systems.
- Must be willing to travel on an as required basis.
Our Staffing Associate Valerie supports the staffing division in candidate and client communication and on-going relationship building. Valerie is the person who matches up our candidates to the jobs that best fit what they are looking for. Valerie’s background includes a degree from Wartburg College in Public Relations and Spanish. This paired with her Marketing and Communications experience from prior positions has ensured Valerie as a key component to the success of her at City & National Employment.