PO Box 816 1801 E Bremer Ave Waverly, IA 50677
Our client is located in Waverly and is looking to add Welders to their team! These positions will focus on:
- Review Drawings and Travelers to ensure proper materials are being used and to understand the Scope of Work.
- Review all drawing for weld symbols and verify material has been properly prepared prior to starting project. If material needs additional preparations, prep as needed or notify a supervisor.
- Determine best setting up methods and techniques procedure in order to minimize part distortion.
- Position, setup, and/or clamp components so that when they are tacked and welded the component will have the significant machine stock if final machining is required after fabrication.
- Weld metal components together to fabricate or repair products, such as machine parts, fabrication projects, and plant equipment, according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders, using brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
- Assemble, tack-weld, and final-weld metallic frames and other component parts of machinery and equipment.
- Cut, grind and fit pipe or plates as required in order to make the final assembly to the drawing tolerances and specifications.
- Repair broken or cracked parts, fill holes, and increase size of metal parts.
- Move assembly to storage area, using appropriate transport equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent desired.
- 3 years of related experience.
- TIG welding experience highly preferred.
- Must be qualified to AWS Welding Standards.
- Ability to work with all types of metal and using MIG and TIG as appropriate and with minimal instructions and supervision.
- D1.1 and D1.6 knowledge preferred.
Alex brought along a wealth of experience and knowledge when she joined the CNE Team in January of 2019. Prior to working at City & National Employment, Alex held a Human Resources Internship in which she assisted in hiring over 200 people during her time within the company. She is worked alongside other Human Resources professionals in performing recruiting tasks to fill positions, organized hiring events and career fair booths as well as conducting employee orientation and exit interview tasks. Alex now uses all of this prior experience in her current role as CNE’s Staffing Associate working to fill jobs throughout the Cedar Valley and assist candidates in finding their next career.