Cental, IA 00000
Our client located in the Central Iowa and is looking for a Welding Engineer.
- Organizes and plans the development of welding procedure specifications, method sheets, and inspection criteria for MIG, SMAW, SAW, and FCAW processes.
- Writes and assists in the development of welding procedures to accommodate new requirements from customers.
- Records and reports progress on development initiatives and plans.
- Creates and maintains a list of approved programs for the automated welding systems. Regular distribution of this list to Engineering is required to assist in new product development.
- Ensures all programs for automated welding systems have all critical documents developed and approved prior to release of profiles to production. All modifications to welding profiles and setup sheets will be required to follow the approved revision control per company quality management system.
- Manages the filing and maintenance of all development files including but not limited to NDE information and films, Macro examinations, set up sheets and development metrics.
- Participates in and supports new product development by attending and participating in the engineering design reviews.
- Ensures personnel are trained and understand the demands and the flow of the welding process.
- Maintains effective tracking charts and tools, which accurately reflect the performance of each work center and employee.
- Ensures programs used on the machines are kept up to date to the latest revision and are available on a timely basis to support existing product and new product designs.
- Tracks and maintains welder continuity and performance records for each welder.
- Assist in the development of production processes and process controls to ensure the integrity of production welds.
- ERP Systems Utilization- understands and uses ERP systems in accurate manner.
- 5 years of related experience in manufacturing and weld manufacturing.
Scott joined the City & National team in June 2013 as a Recruiter in our Engineering department. Scott has his Bachelor’s Degree from Central College in Pella, IA in History and has built a profile complete with sales, business development and management experience from past positions. Scott has over 10 years of management and sales experience, working with many different clients and prospective leads. His strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills will contribute to great success here at CNE.